Postdocs and Research Team
- Dr. Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda. PhD. Cloud resource allocation
- Sharon Kessler. MA. Scientific editor.
Working Graduate (and Undergraduate) Students
- Matan Liram. Enhancing SSDs using Erasure Codes.
- Mickey (Moshe) Gabel. Towards PhD. Monitoring the Cloud.
- Iliya Kolchinsky. Towards PhD. Scalable CEP Systems.
- Arnon Lazerson. Towards PhD. Scalable Monitoring of Data Streams.
- Boris Pismenny. Auction-based Resource Allocation in the Cloud.
- Liran Funaro. Towards PhD. Memory-Elastic Applications.
- Shunit Agmon. Security in RaaS Clouds.
- Gal Yehuda. Monitoring Data Streams.
Graduated Master and PhD Students
- Ran Bernstein. MSc. Towards PhD. Scalable Data Mining.
- Uri Verner. PhD. Co-supervised with Avi Mendelson and Mark Silberstein. Processing Real-time Data Streams on GPU-based Systems. December 2015.
- Nadav Amit. PhD. Co-supervised with Dan Tsafrir. Alleviating Virtualization Bottlenecks. July 2014. 2014 SPEC Distinguished Dissertation Award. 2015 Honorable Mention for the Denis M. Ritchie SIGOPS Thesis Award.
- Mickey (Moshe) Gabel. MSc. Unsupervised Anomaly Detection in Large Data Centers. July 2013. Now PhD student at CS/Technion.
- Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda. PhD. Efficient, Non-Cooperative Sharing of Computing Resources. June 2013. Now with the Industry. Excellence Award by the Amnon Pazi Fund for 2013.
- Eyal Posener. MSc. Dynamic Memory Allocation in Cloud Computers Using Progressive Second Price Auctions. May 2013.
- David Ben-David. MSc. Breach Recovery for Geometric Distributed Monitoring. March 2012.
- Amir Abboud. The Safe Zone Approach for Monitoring Distributed Data Streams. June 2012. Now a PhD student at Stanford.
- Guy Sagy, PhD. Co-supervised with Daniel Keren. Non-monotonic Top-K problems. February 2012. Now with IDF.
- Arik Friedman, PhD. Co-supervised with Ran Wolff. Privacy Preserving Data Mining. November 2010. Now a researcher at NICTA, Australia.
- Avishay Livne. Distributed monitoring of data streams through geometric operations. June 2010. Now a PhD student at University of Michigan.
- Mark Silberstein, PhD. Co-supervised with Danny Geiger. A Distributed System for Genetic Linkage Analysis. June 2010. Now a postdoc at University of Texas at Austin.
- Avi Yadgar, PhD. Co-supervised with Orna Grumberg. New Approaches to Model Checking and to 3-Valued Abstraction and Refinement. March 2010. Now with a startup company doing better car batteries.
- Valentin Kravtchov, PhD. October 2009. Service-based Resource Brokering for Grid-based Data Mining. Now with a startup company in the UK.
- Kfir Karmon. August 2009. Quota in Grid Systems. Now with Microsoft.
- Konstantin Shagin, PhD. Co-supervised with Michael Factor. February 2009.
High-performance Fault-Tolerant Wide-Scale Parallel Computing with Java. Now with IBM Haifa Research Lab.
- Tsachi Sharfman, PhD. Co-supervised with Daniel Keren. November 2008. Geometric Monitoring of Data Streams. Now with my research team and an independent entrepreneur.
- Tal zamir. Co-supervised with Michael Factor. August 2008 Speculative lock acquisition for distributed Java runtime.
- Benny Yoshpa. Co-supervised with Ariel Orda. August 2008. Game Theory Aspects in QoS Grid Computing.
- Alex Gontmakher, PhD. August 2007. An Architecture and Programming Model for Extremely Fine-Grain Parallelism. Now with Google.
- Noam Palatin. June 2007. Monitoring Large Distributed Grid Batch Systems via Data Mining.
- Gregory Shklover. May 2007. Compilation for Fine-Grain Parallel Code.
Now with Intel, MATAM.
- Liran Liss PhD. With distinction. Co-supervised with Tzachi Birk. September 2006.
Asynchronous Distributed Systems. Now with Mellanox.
- Denis Krivitsky. June 2006. Large-Scale Distributed Facility Location.
- Nili Ifergan. Co-supervised with Orna Grumberg. April 2005. Asynchronous Scalable Distributed Symbolic Model Checking. Currently with IBM HRL.
- Ohad Shacham. Tel Aviv U., co-supervised with Mooly Sagiv. January 2005. Scaling Model Checking of Dataraces Using Dynamic Information. Now graduated PhD and is with Intel.
- Ran Wolf, PhD. October 2004. Data Mining in Large-Scale Distributed Systems.
Now a professor at Haifa University.
- Bobi Gilburd. August 2004. A Privacy Model and Privacy-Preserving Algorithms for Data Mining in Large-Scale Distributed Systems. Now with IDF.
- Amir Baror. July 2004. Hierarchical Decision Tree Induction for Highly Dimensional Data in Large-Scale Distributed Systems. Now with IBM, Boston.
- Yoram Talmor. May 2004. Higher Performance DSM by Peaking Network Utilization.
- Dan Trock. January 2004. Sampling-Based Distributed Mining of Association Rules.
- Tamir Heyman, PhD. December 2003. Co-supervised by Orna Grumberg. Distributed Algorithms for Symbolic Model Checking.
- Vadim Iosevich. 2003. Distributed Shared Memory: to Relax or not to Relax?
- Eli Pozniansky. 2003. Efficient On-the-Fly Data-Race Detection in C++ Programs.
- Sergey Polyakov 2002. Testability and Non-Operational Characterizations of Java Memory Model.
- Emil Cohn Dan. 2002. A Transparent Distributed Shared Memory System.
- Vadim Gleizer. 2002. Optimizing Sharing Patterns and Locality via Thread Migration
- Vladislav Kalinovski. 2002. Co-supervised with Roy Friedman. Symphony: Managing Virtual Servers in Peer-to-Peer Environments
- Oren Zeev Ben-Mordechai, 2001. On-the-fly Data-Race Detection.
- Niv Nitzan, 2000. Dynamic Adaptation of Sharing Granularity in DSM Computations.
- Dmitry Kogan, 1999. Distributed Garbage Collection with Number of Messages Independent of Pointer Manipulation.
- Ayal Itzkovitz, PhD, 1999. Distributed Shared Memory: Bridging the Granularity Gap. Now an entrepreneur.
- Lea Shalev, 1998. Load Sharing and Locality in Distributed Shared Memory Systems.Now with IBM HRL.
- Sasha Basonov, 1998. Parallel DSM Implementation of BDDs.
- Amit Reisman, 1997. Co-supervised with Craig Gotsman. Parallel Adaptive Ray Tracing on IBM’s SP/2.
- Gadi Pesach, 1997. Research by Moshe Bach. Transparent Access to Pointer Parameters and Global Variables in Remote Procedures.
- Alex Dubrovski, 1996. Load-Balancing in Distributed Shared Memory Systems.
- Maxim Kuzin, 1996. Weak Consistency Distributed Shared Memory System Design.
- Ishai Ben-Aroya, 1995. Algorithms and Bounds for Deflection Routing.
- Galit Shemesh, 1995. Bounds on parallel computation by reconfigurable networks.
- Shai Halevi, 1994. On Greedy Hot-Potato Routing. Graduated PhD at MIT. Now with IBM.